Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is company worthy. Your guests will never know how easy it is to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloin, about 1 1/2 lbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and cut into 12 slices
- 12 pitted gaeta olives
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 cup meat stock
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 sprig thyme
- Add oil to skillet.
- Season tenderloins with salt and pepper; brown on all sides.
- Remove and let the meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add apple and olives and cook until caramelized, 2-3 minutes.
- Cut pork into 2 inch medallions, add back to pan; brown about 2 minutes per side.
- Add vodka and stock, cook over high heat for 2 more minutes.
- Add cream.
- Cook a few minutes more until sauce thickens.
- To serve add medallions and apples to plate, top with sauce, garnish with thyme sprigs.
Really a good recipe. I love the combo of pork and apple and this one is a pleaser. The only thing that threw me off personally were the olives, I just didn't like them with the rest of the dish, but easily solved as I just picked them out. The sauce was delicious!
I am sorry, this just sounded better than how it actually turned out. We thought it was lacking in flavor and also the sauce was very runny. Vodka was an interesting touch, though.