Just Call Me Martha's Note:
From Food and Drink magazine. I have finally had the opportunity to try this after having clipped it ages ago. IT IS AMAZING! This is now our new favourite recipe! I was able to use a very very good quality REAL maple syrup which really added to the flavour. I am sure you'll enjoy this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Maple Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
Ginger Crusted Pork
- 1To make sauce: melt butter over medium heat in small saucepan.
- 2Cook onion, stirring for about 5 minutes or until soft and starting to brown.
- 3Sprinkle with flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 4Whisk in stock, then mustard, syrup and soy sauce.
- 5Increase heat to medium high.
- 6Bring to boil.
- 7Boil gently, whisking, for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 8Check seasoning.
- 9For pork: preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 10Combine bread crumbs, ginger, salt and pepper in shallow dish.
- 11Separately, combine mustard and syrup and brush all over pork tenderloins.
- 12Tuck thin end of pork under to make even thickness and roll each tenderloin in crumb mixture, pressing to make crumbs stick.
- 13Space tenderloins apart on foil-lined baking sheet, placing tucked end underneath.
- 14Roast for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- 15(Pork should still have a tinge of pink in the centre).
- 16Let pork sit for 5 minutes on cutting board.
- 17Slice diagonally into ½ inch thick slices.
- 18Place slices on serving dish and serve sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin -- Ginger Crusted With Maple Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.9 mg
- Sodium 612.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 38.3 g