Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this online while looking for recipe using pomegranate molasses. It looks fantastic, and I can't wait to try it.
- 2 (500 g) pork tenderloin, fillet
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns, crushed
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
To prepare pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- Marinade: Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse a couple of times.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons for the sauce.
- Place the pork fillet in the marinade and leave for about 4 hours.
- To prepare pork: Preheat the oven to 400c.
- Season the pork well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat and sear the pork all over.
- Place it in the oven 6-7 minutes or until cooked to your likeing.
- The pork should be just cooked through and a little pink still.
- Remove the pork and allow to rest.
- Deglaze the pan with the orange juice.
- Bring it to the boil and reduce by half, add the chicken broth, bring to the boil, and reduce it all by half.
- Whisk in the reserved marinade, butter and the tablespoon of pomegranate molasses.
- Sice the pork into diagonals 1cm thick, and serve with the sauce spooned over.
Oh wow, is this ever good! Pomegranate and pork go so well together. I omitted the salt and chicken broth and used less black pepper. The pink peppercorns are super yummy in this!