1/1 Photo of Pork Tenderloin Cubano
3 hrs 10 mins
I love Cuban cuisine for its blend of Spanish, African and Carribbean cooking styles and flavors. This is one of those recipes that requires simple preparation the night before and then goes on the grill or in the oven for a quick but delicious meal. From "Home Cooking with the Uncommon Gourmet" by Ellen Helman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pork in a non-reactive container or plastic bag.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, garlic, onion, oregano, molasses, orange juice, lime juice, and rum.
- 3Pour the marinade over the pork, coating all surfaces.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours and as much as overnight.
- 5Return to room temperature before cooking.
- 6Grill method: Grill the tenderloins over hot coals, 4 inches from the heat source, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, basting with the reserved marinade.
- 7Oven method: Roast the pork in a 400F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 8Let the meat rest for 5 minutes; then slice into 3/4 inch thick rounds and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin Cubano
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 11.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g