Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This a fantastic recipe I developed from a chicken cordon bleu recipe a chef gave me about 20 years ago. This recipe takes time to make, but it is well worth the effort! It is the special occasion meal most requested by my family.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- seasoning salt
- poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- If you have a butcher, ask him to "T-bone" the tenderloin, otherwise: With a sharp knife cut the tenderloin lengthwise and stop about 1/2 inch before cutting all the way through.
- Turn the knife to the side and cut each side to within 1/2 inch.
- Place the tenderloin between two pieces of wax paper and flatten with a meat pounder until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Flatten the chicken breast until is is very thin.
- Lay the tenderloin out flat, brush with Dijon mustard, then sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Place chicken breast on the tenderloin and sprinkle with chicken seasoning.
- Lay the Swiss cheese on the chicken breast.
- Roll up and tie or skewer to hold together.
- Dip the rolled tenderloin in flour, then dip in eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350-375°F for one hour or until done.
- Slice into 1-inch slices and serve.
- I like to serve with asparagus and candied sweet potatoes.
Very Good!! Made this using asiago cheese, poultry seasoning, panko breadcrumbs, a little dijon mustard and egg beaters. Baked for a little less than one hour and served with the sauce from "Florentine Pork Medallions #282948'. Took me about 15-20 minutes to pound, fill, roll and bread the pork...Will make this one again...Thanks for posting!
this was very good but i messed it up . i tried to put extra stuff in it . DON'T! it doesnt fit , lol. also tie it up good or the cheese will melt out the ends . but if you do it like its says it is perfect
I made this last night for dinner. I used chicken thighs, and I was out of chicken seasoning, so I used thyme and rosemary. I think that next time I make sure I have the proper seasoning. This meal was totally amazing. We ate it with a salad made by emptying the fridge. Thanks so much for the recipe. I will definitely be making it again. Deb