Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick one-pot meal, and very tasty!
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 small red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use regular white salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups half-and-half cream or 3 cups full-fat milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 9 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained (cook only until el dente)
- parmesan cheese
- In a large frypan melt the butter with oil.
- Add in mushrooms, onions, garlic, red bell pepper and oregano; cook stirring until the onions are soft (about 4 minutes) set aside.
- In a large heavy plastic zip-loc bag add in flour, seasoning salt, pepper, cayenne and chili powder.
- Add in the pork cubes; shake to coat well.
- Shake off any excess flour, then brown the pork in the frypan on all sides until browned.
- Add the veggies back to the skillet along with the cream and tomato sauce; bring mixture to a boil and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Add in cooked pasta; toss to combine with sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe has some real potential, But the directions tell you to cook the veggies and put them aside. It never tells you want to do with them after that. I put them in dutch oven on step 6 with everything else. I tried to contact the author but the website does not allow you unless you pay them.
Let me add my 5 stars as well. This was really good. Really! I didn't change much--only added a little more heat with some crushed red peppers and some more tomato action with a few sun dried tomatos. This one is a keeper. Thanks for posting.
Another round of 5 stars here! The whole family loved it and my dh couldn't get enough. Simple, yet very tasty. I only used 1 onion and made it in my dutch oven. It will be made often. Thanks for sharing.