Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very tasty and can be prepared ahead and bake before serving. Lovely served with Orzo or Spaetzles
Make and share this Pork Tenderloin and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pork tenderloin, sliced 1 " thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven 325F degrees.
- Heat oil and butter; add pork slices and sear 10 minutes turning over; salt and pepper.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add shallot,onions and garlic to the skillet; cook 5 minutes; add mushrooms, oregano and rosemary; cook on High for 5 minutes.
- Add sherry,chicken broth, tomato paste and pork; dissolve cornstarch in water add to thicken the mixture;cook 2 minute Spoon into an ovenproof casserole; cover.
- Cook for one hour.
Simple, tasty recipe. I used boneless Country ribs and they were wonderful. I prepared it in the AM and popped it in the oven 1 hour before dinner. Used 4 cloves garlic. Thanks Sage great recipe
This was a lovely meal. The meat was tender, juicy, and oh so delicious. The gravy and vegetables were excellent. We really enjoyed this dish. I served it with my favorite pastas, it was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.
Nice meal. I served with orzo. It was a bit too juicy for us and I will use more cornstarch to thicken the gravy next time. Thanks for a nice meal Sage. Made for The Best of Cookbook 2008 Swap.