Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
It is fresh fig season! Tender figs and succulent pork need I say more!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 large fresh figs, cut inhalve or 16 small figs, whole
- Combine honey, Dijon Mustard, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, orange juice, olive oil and garlic in a resealable bag. Add tenderloin pieces and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Alternately thread tenderloin pieces and figs onto skewers. Place on preheated grill and cook for about 8 minutes turning every two minutes, or until done.
Made the marinade with red wine vinegar because it's what I had on hand... not a juice kind of girl, so I left it out. Marinated pork for an hour... DELICIOUS DELICIOUS DELICIOUS!!!! This is definitely a keeper!!!
I did a variation on this and marinated some chops and pan roasted them with the figs which got a quick toss in the marinade. (note - put figs in for the last minute, 30 secs on each side) The sauce was really really tasty. Next time I'd add some chili pepper flakes for some zing. Overall, it was a winner!
Nice simple flavors and super easy to make. The pork was a little tough, so next time I will marinate it longer than the 30 minutes called for. At the same time, I grilled chunks of goat cheese which went well with the figs.