Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Serve this with rice or cooked noodles. Plan ahead the pork needs to marinate for a minimum of 3 hours or you can marinate overnight. Of coarse you can use just about any veggie you like but broccoli is the best, green beans are good also! An absolute amazing pork dish, and worth the time to make. You can use two pork tenderloins if you wish.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 pork tenderloin (cut in half lengthwise)
- 7 cups fresh large broccoli florets (you can use any amount of broccoli for this!)
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, mix together soy sauce, honey, fresh minced ginger, red pepper flakes and chopped fresh garlic.
- Add in the halved pork tenderloin and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 or more hours, turning occasionally to coat with marinade.
- Meanwhile steam the broccoli until only crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- After the pork has marinated, heat about 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a skillet.
- Add in the pork and reserve ALL marinade.
- Cook the pork until deep brown, turning often (it should take about 10-12 minutes to cook pork).
- Cut into about 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Wipe the skillet clean.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, vinegar, cornstarch and all the reserved marinade from the pork.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon peanut oil in the skillet.
- Add in broccoli and sauté on high heat until brown (about 1 minutes).
- Add in the pork slices and orange juice mixture; stir until sauce boils, thickens slightly and coats the broccoli and pork (about 1 minute).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.