Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Midwest Living
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Chinese hot mustard (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup and garlic powder.
- Place pork in plastic bag set in a shallow dish; pour soy sauce mixture over meat.
- Turn pork to coat all sides.
- Close bag and marinate for 24 hours in refrigerator, turning meat in marinade occasionally.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade.
- Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer.
- Roast, uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Sprinkle sesame seed on a piece of foil.
- Carefully roll pork in sesame seed.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Serve with mustard, if you like.
This had very nice flavor! I used a 2 lb pork tenderloin and marinated it for 8 hours. Very simple recipe producing an excellent and tender roast! Thank you seahorse, for our delicious supper this evening!
First word after one bite from my husband was "awesome". I used Pork Ribeye and turned out perfect as written. Enjoy.
I made this last night and it was delicious. I only marinaded it for about 6 hours, but it was very moist. I think it has to do with the low temperature. I will definitely cook pork tenderloin like this all the time. Thanks!