Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Graham Kerr creation for New Zealand as seen on the Galloping Gourmet. Found this on Food Network and posting for ZWT.
- 4 (680.38 g) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 8 slice bacon
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- freshly ground white peppercorns, to taste
- 354.88 ml mushrooms, sauce recipe follows
- lemon, to garnish
- parsley, to garnish
- mushroom, sauce
- 14.79 ml clarified butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 113.39 g mushrooms, tops finely sliced, stems finely chopped
- 29.58 ml arrowroot
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 295.73 ml hot water
- meat, concentrate to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 sprig parsley, leaves chopped
- cayenne pepper, to garnish
- Preheat broiler. Stick a skewer down center of pork fillets from thick end Season with salt and pepper and wrap with strips of bacon.
- Brush with oil and broil about 8 minutes each side.
- To serve, slide from skewer and slice into medallions.
- Serve in sauce garnish with lemon and parsley
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add onion and cook until tender Add mushroom stems and continue to cook.
- Mix in arrowroot and then white wine, hot water, and meat concentrate Bring to a boil.
- Add sliced mushrooms, lemon juice, parsley and cayenne pepper at last moment.
Delicious!! I love bacon and lemon but wasn't sure about the 2 of them together now I can say I love them together. Served it with angel hair pasta, green beans and garlic bread. The sauce is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
loved this the bacon really bumped up the pork , i get pork tenders from hyvee that are already tenderized and are just right for me. the sauce is great with the arrowroot is gluten free and doesnt get in the way of the mushrooms love this dish