Recipe by AZPARZYCH
A Graham Kerr creation for New Zealand as seen on the Galloping Gourmet. Found this on Food Network and posting for ZWT.
Top Review by diner524
Delicious!! I love bacon and lemon but wasn't sure about the 2 of them together now I can say I love them together. Served it with angel hair pasta, green beans and garlic bread. The sauce is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
- 4 (6 ounce) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- freshly ground white peppercorns, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sauce recipe follows
- lemon, to garnish
- parsley, to garnish
- mushroom, sauce
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, tops finely sliced, stems finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- meat, concentrate to taste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 sprig parsley, leaves chopped
- cayenne pepper, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Stick a skewer down center of pork fillets from thick end Season with salt and pepper and wrap with strips of bacon.
- Brush with oil and broil about 8 minutes each side.
- To serve, slide from skewer and slice into medallions.
- Serve in sauce garnish with lemon and parsley
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add onion and cook until tender Add mushroom stems and continue to cook.
- Mix in arrowroot and then white wine, hot water, and meat concentrate Bring to a boil.
- Add sliced mushrooms, lemon juice, parsley and cayenne pepper at last moment.