Recipe by Carol in Oz
A recipe I tore out of a trashy magazine! The flavours are intense and full-bodied with the meat tender and juicy. It's a recipe that is easy and delicious, perfect for cold winter nights. The pork can easily be substituted for lamb or chicken.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary needles, chopped
- 600 g pork or 600 g lamb or 600 g chicken
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, for brushing
- 1 fresh chili pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Mix sea salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and chilli (if using).
- Brush meat with olive oil and rub in herbs.
- Sear meat in a hot pan until browned.
- Bake meat and tomatoes in a lightly greased baking dish for 15-20 minutes or until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove meat and let rest while keeping warm for 5 minutes.
- Slice meat on a large platter.
- Squeeze the juice of 3-4 tomatoes over meat.
- Add remaining tomatoes to platter.
- Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil to serve.