Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Another recipe from Grandmother's test kitchen--the Grandson's are keeping me busy. They said they loved this with my salsa. We live in Taco-Land. Who would of thought they like this better!
- 5 lbs pork butt
- 5 garlic cloves
- 10 tablespoons seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco bell chipotle flavor taco seasoning mix
- 20 flour tortillas
- aluminum foil
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- Cut the 5 pound pork butt in 5-1 pound pieces.
- On each piece put 1 garlic clove, 2 tablespoons seasoned salt and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Wrap each pound piece of pork very tightly in the tin foil.
- Bake in a 250° oven for 3 hours, or until easy to shred.
- When cool, shred the pork-and add 1/2 the package of the taco seasoning and a little juice from the pork, as not to be dry.
- I fried the flour tortillas in a frying pan with a little oil.
- When you turn the tortilla over, put some cheese on to melt.
- Now some shredded taco meat, then top with
- salsa and roll up.