Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
A really yum salad that is my new favourite. I found the recipe in the December 2008 "recipes +" magazine. Quick and easy to make and the taste is sensational. I also added avocado to the recipe and at one time added blanched asparagus that I needed to be used. I used telegraph cucumber and plain tomatoes as they are cheaper, but will post the recipe as it was originally published.
Top Review by mersaydees
Very fun and delicious salad! Made as directed, except sprayed the pan with cooking spray as opposed to the pork. Also, lined the salad bowl with the arugula instead of tossing within. Will probably use iceberg lettuce next time only because DH doesn't do arugula very well. Thanks, Kiwi Kathy! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap #26.
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300 g ground lean pork
- cooking spray
- 1 (35 g) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 310 g corn kernels, drained
- 50 g rocket
- 120 g baked corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk sour cream, yoghurt, juice and garlic in a medium jug.
- Spray pork with cooking oil. Heat a medium frying pan over a moderate heat. Cook pork, stirring to break up lumps for 4 - 5 minutes or until changed in colour. Sprinkle seasoning over pork, cook and stir for 2 - 3 minutes more or until cooked. Let cool slightly.
- Toss remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add pork; toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving bowls; drizzle with dressing. Serve at once.