1/1 Photo of Pork Taco Meat
1 hr 10 mins
This is the best pork taco meat I've ever had. This is another recipe from my MIL. It is great served over spanish rice and just eaten with tortillas on the side. The longer this cooks, the better it is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cube the pork steaks, cutting off much of the fat.
- 2Brown the meat (and bones) in the oil.
- 3I usually let it go for about 30 minutes or so.
- 5I drain into a measuring cup and refrigerate, so I can scrape off the fat and put the juice back in.
- 6Add the seasonings, tomato sauce and water to cover (enough so you'll have a good gravy) Cover and let go until pork is tender.
- 740 minutes should do it, but I usually let it go and hour or two, so the pork just melts in your mouth.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Taco Meat
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.8
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 253.3 mg
- Sodium 333.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 68.5 g