This is the best pork taco meat I've ever had. This is another recipe from my MIL. It is great served over spanish rice and just eaten with tortillas on the side. The longer this cooks, the better it is.
- Cube the pork steaks, cutting off much of the fat.
- Brown the meat (and bones) in the oil.
- I usually let it go for about 30 minutes or so.
- I drain into a measuring cup and refrigerate, so I can scrape off the fat and put the juice back in.
- Add the seasonings, tomato sauce and water to cover (enough so you'll have a good gravy) Cover and let go until pork is tender.
- 40 minutes should do it, but I usually let it go and hour or two, so the pork just melts in your mouth.