Recipe by *Parsley*
Can adapt this for the crockpot after the skillet steps.
Top Review by firstname.lastname@example.org
This is simply a wonderful dish! Thank you, my Mom had been asking for it, and I had no memory of her ever making it. She says it is very much like what her Mother used to make. You helped me make an old lady's day! Holly
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 lbs pork loin, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (or yams)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Place mustard in a seperate bowl; coat pork cubes in mustard, then in the flour/brown sugar mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and brown pork cubes on all sides.
- Transfer browned pork cubes to a large casserole dish.
- Put onions and garlic in the skillet and cook until softened (but not brown); add the broth, sherry, sweet potato cubes, and seasonings to the pan, and bring to a boil. Pour into the casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until meat is done and sweet potatoes are tender.