1/1 Photo of Pork Sukiyaki
1 hr 5 mins
Sukiyaki (ski-ya-ki) is a traditional dish usually cooked on a "hot-plate" at the table. It's a very social meal. Families and friends circle the sukiyaki pan stirring with chopsticks and taking bites as the components are ready! The meat (usually paper-thin pork or beef) and veggies are poached in a sweet sake-based sauce and served over sticky rice, once they've simmered down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 / 12 lbs. thinly sliced pork loin
- 340.19 g crimini mushrooms
- 170.09-226.79 g enoki mushrooms
- 2 bunched large green onions, greens removed and cut into 1 pieces
- 1 head napa cabbage, roughly chopped
- 354.88 ml baby carrots, cut into quarters
- 340.19 g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 255.14 g konnyaku noodles
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1Flash freeze the pork for 30 minutes so it is slightly firm, this will enable you to cut it VERY thin, without moving around so much!
- 2Prepare all the veggies. In Japan they like to cut little designs in the mushroom tops! We stuck with simple Xs.
- 3Mix the Sukiyaki sauce.
- 4Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Add a tablespoon of oil and a few pieces of meat. stir the meat around moving the oil over the bottom of the skillet.
- 5Then add about a 1/3 inch of sauce to the skillet. Pile the meat, tofu, noodles and veggies in the skillet.
- 6Allow the ingredients to cook down for several minutes--stirring occasionally until it's cooked through. Remove the sukiyaki and serve over sticky rice (sushi-style rice) and repeat with the rest of the ingredients!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Sukiyaki
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 2466.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: