1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A combination of weet plantain wihtthe succulent pork and a piquant 'ajili-mojili' sauce from Puerto Rico makes this an oustanding dish, full of constrsting flavours. Prep time time includes MARINATING. .The ingredients for the sauce begin at the bonnett peppers. This recipe is from "Eat Caribbean" Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder rolls
- 1 ripe plantain, peeled and left whole
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 6 peppercorns
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cane vinegar (white) or 2 tablespoons distilled malt vinegar (white)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1The day before, rub the adobo powder into the pork all over. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- 2Preheat the over to 350 degress.
- 3The objective is to have the whole plantain centred in the roll of pork. If the cut of meat is solid at one end, slice a hole through so that the plantain can be shoved in and lined up in the center of the cut. Roll and tie. Place in a roasting tray and roast, covered loosely with foil, for about an hour.
- 4Uncover and allow the roast to brown for a further 30-40 minutes, depending on how well done you like your pork. Don't overcook it or the meat will become dry. (A meat thermometer shoulde read 170 degrees when it is done).
- 5Meanwhile, as the meat is cooking, make the sauce. Place the hot pepper, peppercorns, garlic and salt in a blender and blend the ingredients until it forms a puree. Pour in lime juice, vinegar and oil and blend again.
- 6Remove pork from teh oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with ajili-mojili sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Stuffed With Sweet Plantain, Served With Ajili-Mojili
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 980.7
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2405.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: