Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another one I got from an email recipe group. Enjoy!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 1 small green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Wash eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Remove pulp, leaving the eggplant shell about 1/4-inch thick. Cut pulp into 1/2-inch cubes. Set shells and pulp aside.
- In a large skillet cook ground pork, green pepper, onion and garlic till pork is browned; drain excess drippings.
- Add eggplant pulp, water, oregano and pepper; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomato. Spoon mixture into eggplant shells. Place in a 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.