Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice change from the usual ground beef and rice stuffed peppers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (7 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 6 slices tomatoes, cut 1/4 inch thick
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Lightly brown ground pork in large frying pan; pour off drippings.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat.
- Add cream of celery soup, corn and onions.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane; cook in boiling salted water for 2 minutes; drain.
- Fill pepper halves with meat mixture and place on rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of tomatoe slices and place on top of stuffed peppers and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 15 minutes longer.