Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in an old 'slimmers' recipe book. I plan to try it this week. I particularly like that it sounds rich and luxurious while being healthy and that it is 'serves 2'. Could also be made with lean beef. Serve with a green vegetable such as broccoli and maybe rice or mashed potatoes.
- Cut the pork into 1cm (half inch) slices.
- Heat oil in non stick pan till very hot.
- Add the meat and leave for 1-2 minutes till the underside is brown.
- Do not stir during this time as the meat may stick if you do.
- Turn the meat and brown the other side.
- Remove meat from pan and put on a warmed plate.
- Lower the heat slightly and stir fry the onion till soft and just turning golden- about 8 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pan and keep stirring for another minute.
- Add the brandy (if using) and when it bubbles add the mushrooms and chicken stock.
- Lower the heat and simmer for two minutes.
- Add the creme fraiche, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Stir and let it all barely simmer for another two minutes.
- Serve dusted with paprika.