I found this in an old 'slimmers' recipe book. I plan to try it this week. I particularly like that it sounds rich and luxurious while being healthy and that it is 'serves 2'. Could also be made with lean beef. Serve with a green vegetable such as broccoli and maybe rice or mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pork into 1cm (half inch) slices.
- 2Heat oil in non stick pan till very hot.
- 3Add the meat and leave for 1-2 minutes till the underside is brown.
- 4Do not stir during this time as the meat may stick if you do.
- 5Turn the meat and brown the other side.
- 6Remove meat from pan and put on a warmed plate.
- 7Lower the heat slightly and stir fry the onion till soft and just turning golden- about 8 minutes.
- 8Return the meat to the pan and keep stirring for another minute.
- 9Add the brandy (if using) and when it bubbles add the mushrooms and chicken stock.
- 10Lower the heat and simmer for two minutes.
- 11Add the creme fraiche, paprika, salt & pepper.
- 12Stir and let it all barely simmer for another two minutes.
- 13Serve dusted with paprika.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 88.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat creme fraiche