Recipe by internetnut
Feed your family for $1.15 a plate! A creamy, comforting main dish. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting this for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown pork; drain. Remove meat and set aside.
- In the same pan, bring 1 1/4 cups water, bouillon and paprika to a boil. Add pork, onion and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water; gradually add to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley.
- Serve over noodles.