Recipe by lovecole2
I was a college student when I came up with this recipe. (it really was all that I had in the cupboards) Please enjoy My Family loves it.
Top Review by moir_mail
Tastes good, but way too much sugar! (my wife and I both felt ill afterwards..) Recommend only using maybe a quarter of the sugar or better still, substitute with a few spoons of honey.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 10 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces pork, strips
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom
- 12 ounces drained whole corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, drain some juice out
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups white rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl add the sugar and soy together.
- make it more of a marinade sauce than a paste.
- add the pork strips and refrigerate at least one hour or over night.
- When ready to cook add the extra virgin olive oil (or whatever type of oil you use) to a large skillet brown the pork then remove from the skillet add the tomatoes with green chilli, corn and mushrooms (can use other vegies).
- Let them get warm.
- In a sauce pan bring the water to a boil then add the rice.
- when the veggies are warm add the sauce in the skillet along with the pork.
- Put the rice on the bottom of the plate then add the mixture of pork and veggie.
- salt and pepper to your liking.