1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Here's a little something I whipped up to use up some apricot preserves- it's sweet, hot, and savory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon habanero sauce (for the brave- otherwise, 1 tsp red pepper flakes is a good alternative)
- 2 tablespoons grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin or 1 1/2 lbs tenderloin, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2-1 lb chopped assorted fresh vegetable (some goods ones are onion, bell pepper, broccoli, snow peas, mushrooms- go nuts)
- 1Combine first seven ingredients well, set aside half of mixture and refrigerate.
- 2Combine the other half of the soy sauce mixture with the pork in a mixing bowl.
- 3Cover pork mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Allow to marinate for at least one hour.
- 4Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add sesame oil.
- 5When oil is hot, but not smoking, add pork mixture and cook until just barely cooked through- approximately 4-6 minutes.
- 6Remove pork from skillet/wok with a slotted spoon and put aside in a clean bowl.
- 7Add the vegetables to the pan and cook, stirring frequently until crisp-tender. You may want to add them in order of density to keep from overcooking some of them (e.g. carrots first, then broccoli, then mushrooms last).
- 8When the vegetables are just cooked enough, add the pork back to the skillet/wok and then the reserved half of the soy sauce mixture.
- 9Cook, stirring a couple of times, for about one minute more, until sauce is thickened.
- 10Serve, over steamed rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Stir-Fry With Apricot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.0 mg
- Sodium 1945.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
assorted fresh vegetables