Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Amazingingly simple with amazing Thai style flavour. Serve with fragrant Thai rice.
Make and share this Pork Stew - Thai Style recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork loin chops, 2 inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cutinto 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce, the thick stir fry variety
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chinese sweet chili-garlic sauce
- little oil, for browning (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter (to be added later)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped peanuts, for sprinkling
- sliced green onion
- lime wedge
- Trim all fat from pork.
- Mix together: teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar and Chinese chili sauce, set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan and sear the meat briefly on both sides.
- Place pork, onions and garlic at the bottom of a crockpot.
- Next, add red bell pepper strips and pour sauce mixture over all.
- Cook in crockpot on low setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot and coarsely chop or slice and place on a heated platter.
- Add peanut butter to liquid in crockpot and stir well.
- Pour over meat on platter and garnish with cilantro, peanuts, green onions and lime wedges.
- Serve over sticky Thai rice.
This recipe sounds soooooooooo good i think my family will love it u c im starting a cookbook with all the recipes my family likes n i think there r quit a few of urs so if u have any others please send them n if u got any cooking tips please send them as well because im a begginer(im only 14) help!!!