Recipe by Marney
Wanted to make something a little different than the usual beef stew for dinner tonight. I'm serving with steamed rice (because the kids like it). I want to try with polenta though.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork steak, cubed
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mushroom stock, base
- 5 -6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot brown the pork cubes in batches until well browned. Put to the side and reserve juices.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and add the onion and cook until softened and starting to brown, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots and celery, stir to combine. Add the stock base and tomato paste and stir till the vegetables are coated.
- Put pork and juices back in the pan and add the water. Add the sprig of rosemary.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally for about 2-3 hours.