Top Review by Sheri Lou
Delicious and easy!! My husband loved it, too. I omitted the teaspoon of salt and used sodium free chicken bouillon... like mom always said; you can add later, but you can't take out! I did not brown the pork, but I marinated it with some chicken broth and teriyaki sauce overnight, then put everything in the crock pot the next morning. I added 1/2 chopped onion and cooked it all on low for 7 hours. Served it with crusty french bread and it was completely devoured that day! Thank you Sharon!
- 6 boneless pork chops, cubed
- 44.37 ml butter
- 6 potatoes, cubed
- 7 carrots, sliced thick
- 118.29 ml yoshida's gourmet teriyaki sauce
- 44.37 ml chicken bouillon
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 77.96 g packagepioneer brand peppered gravy mix
- 1 rutabaga, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven pan, put the butter and the cubed pork. Cook until all the pork is browned, about 30 minutes.
- Add the onion,and the chicken bouillon and a little chicken stock. Let this simmer until tender (this is how you get good gravy on the stew).
- When pork is done, add the vegetables.
- Stir all together and add the chicken broth and enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Simmer until the vegetables are done.
- To thicken the gravy, I use the peppered gravy mix in a 1/2 cup water.