Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I always made this stew with beef,but pork is so much better.I made this according to my husband's likes. It is good with jean's Buttery Bread Machine Rolls
- In a large Dutch oven pan, put the butter and the cubed pork. Cook until all the pork is browned, about 30 minutes.
- Add the onion,and the chicken bouillon and a little chicken stock. Let this simmer until tender (this is how you get good gravy on the stew).
- When pork is done, add the vegetables.
- Stir all together and add the chicken broth and enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Simmer until the vegetables are done.
- To thicken the gravy, I use the peppered gravy mix in a 1/2 cup water.
Delicious and easy!! My husband loved it, too. I omitted the teaspoon of salt and used sodium free chicken bouillon... like mom always said; you can add later, but you can't take out! I did not brown the pork, but I marinated it with some chicken broth and teriyaki sauce overnight, then put everything in the crock pot the next morning. I added 1/2 chopped onion and cooked it all on low for 7 hours. Served it with crusty french bread and it was completely devoured that day! Thank you Sharon!