Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a dollar store cookbook.
- 3 pork blade steaks, cut 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 16 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Brown steaks on both sides in oil; remove and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Add onion to pan drippings; brown lightly.
- Add bread cubes and corn to onion; sprinkle with sage and remaining salt.
- Place stuffing in a 13 X 9-inch baking dish; place steaks on top of stuffing.
- Cover lightly with foil; bake in a pre-heated 325 F oven for 1 hour or until meat is done.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- NOTE: To obtain 6 cups dry bread cubes, heat 7 cups fresh bread cubes in a pre-heated 325 F oven for 10 minutes.