Recipe by Recipewrestler
I happened upon a package of pork steaks at the market last week. Each steak weighed at least two pounds! I thought, "what wonderful little roasts"! So I treated them that way, with a major result! Hope you'll try it!
- 2 lbs pork steak, ask for a thick cut
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork steak in roasting pan.
- I use a two quart glass pan, but whatever works for you.
- Mix together dry onion soup and warm water.
- Pour over pork steak.
- Cover meat with raw onion rings.
- Sprinkle onions lightly with salt and pepper.
- Seal pan with aluminum foil.
- Place in center of 375° F.
- Bake for approximately one hour.
- I check the roast with a quick-read meat thermometer to make sure it's done.