Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother made this dish for me as I was growing up. It has become one of my family's favorite, home style recipes. My daughter, Kali, requests this for her birthday each year. Please serve with mashed potatoes
- 4 blade pork steaks (bone in and your dog will love you)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- salt and pepper
- In large skillet, brown pork steak.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour peas on top of steaks, cover with tomato sauce. Distribute Worcestershire sauce and basil over all. Cover, simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
I have to admit I did leave the peas out of the recipe (I just couldn't fathom them in there) This recipe was a huge hit for this family and our diet (My husband is on a diabetic carb diet)
I have to admit I made this out of curiosity and the fact that I had a couple of pork steaks in the freezer I needed to use. Wasn't really sure what I expected from such simple ingredients and easy preparation. Well........it is great! Should have realized how often it is the simpler recipes that give the best flavor! Served it as reccomended over mashed potatoes! Thanks so much for this simple, inexpensive and delicious meal! We'll be having this again.......soon!