Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe my Mom always made when I was a kid. The yellow mustard makes the flavor what it is so don't omit it. Easy to make, few ingredients and mostly cooks itself without much help!
- Heat electric skillet to medium high.
- Put in oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Spread pork steaks with yellow mustard on both sides and brown in skillet.
- After pork steaks are browned on both sides add two cans of chicken gumbo soup and one can water.
- turn down heat and cover.
- Simmer for 3 hours on low, checking to makes sure the steaks aren't sticking to bottom of pan and also that the soup isn't drying out.
- If so, add another can of water.
- Serve with either rice or boiled potatoes.
- The soup serves as your gravy.
- These steaks will melt in your mouth.
I've been meaning to try this for a while and at last I'm glad I did. This was really good!! I used loin pork chops and they worked well. The gravey was excellent. . . especially over the mashed potatoes. Thank you Zona