Recipe by Zona Pinnow
This is a recipe my Mom always made when I was a kid. The yellow mustard makes the flavor what it is so don't omit it. Easy to make, few ingredients and mostly cooks itself without much help!
Top Review by Tebo
I've been meaning to try this for a while and at last I'm glad I did. This was really good!! I used loin pork chops and they worked well. The gravey was excellent. . . especially over the mashed potatoes. Thank you Zona
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat electric skillet to medium high.
- Put in oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Spread pork steaks with yellow mustard on both sides and brown in skillet.
- After pork steaks are browned on both sides add two cans of chicken gumbo soup and one can water.
- turn down heat and cover.
- Simmer for 3 hours on low, checking to makes sure the steaks aren't sticking to bottom of pan and also that the soup isn't drying out.
- If so, add another can of water.
- Serve with either rice or boiled potatoes.
- The soup serves as your gravy.
- These steaks will melt in your mouth.