3 hrs 5 mins
Zona Pinnow's Note:
This is a recipe my Mom always made when I was a kid. The yellow mustard makes the flavor what it is so don't omit it. Easy to make, few ingredients and mostly cooks itself without much help!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat electric skillet to medium high.
- 2Put in oil to cover bottom of pan.
- 3Spread pork steaks with yellow mustard on both sides and brown in skillet.
- 4After pork steaks are browned on both sides add two cans of chicken gumbo soup and one can water.
- 5turn down heat and cover.
- 6Simmer for 3 hours on low, checking to makes sure the steaks aren't sticking to bottom of pan and also that the soup isn't drying out.
- 7If so, add another can of water.
- 8Serve with either rice or boiled potatoes.
- 9The soup serves as your gravy.
- 10These steaks will melt in your mouth.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Steak Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 1268.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken gumbo soup