Gwen Sargeant's Note:
Mom made this when I was growing up and a favorite among the seven of us. Mom would make it in a deep cast iron frying pan. She would have dad get his serving out and then the rest of us could eat, otherwise dad wouldn't get any. I will suggest something that you may think ewwwww....but try it. Serve this dish with celery stuffed with peanut butter. It is EXCELLENT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mazola corn oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced pork steak
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can drained lachoy bean sprouts
- 1Pour shortening into a hot skillet.
- 2Add the pork steak and seer quickly.
- 3Add onion and fry for 5 minutes.
- 4Add celery, salt, pepper and hot water.
- 5Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Add drained, LaChoy bean sprouts.
- 7Mix thoroughly and heat to a boiling point.
- 8Add flavoring and thickening ingredients.
- 9Stir lightly and cook 5 minutes.
- 10Can be served over LaChoy chow mein noodles, or over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Steak Chop Suey
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 772.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: