Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this recipe for years, and am not sure where it originated...
Make and share this Pork Steak Chop Suey recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean pork steak
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 cups water, with
- 2 beef bouillon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (reserve l/4 cup)
- 1 can chow mein vegetables, drained
- 2 teaspoons bead molasses
- 3 cups bean sprouts, drained
- Trim excess fat from pork steak, cut in diagonal, thin slices.
- spray skillet with Pam.
- brown meat.
- stir in celery, onion, soy sauce, Accent, and the boullion, dissolved into the two cups of water.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Blend the cornstarch into the 1/4 cup of reserved liquid.
- slowly stir this into the mixture.
- add mushrooms, veggies, sprouts and bead molasses and stir constantly until thickened and boiling.
- continue to boil and stir l minute.
- serve over chow mein noodles.