Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe I grew up with ... pure comfort food!
Make and share this Pork Steak & Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 pork chops, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) jar brown gravy (I use Dynasty Brand found in Asian foods aisle)
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- garlic salt, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven kettle, brown pork in oil until cooked through.
- Add the white part of the green onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, sliced cabbage, soy sauce, 1/2 jar brown gravy sauce, and other seasonings.
- Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- Stir often.
- Add remaining onion tops and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the drained noodles and stir, adding more brown gravy sauce so that all noodles are medium brown in color.
- Heat through and serve.