Recipe by AuntWoofieWoof
This is for a single portion. It can be doubled or tripled. Be careful with the sauerkraut though. You might not want to triple it. Depends on how much sauerkraut you want. I like lots of sauerkraut with my pork steak.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I love pork with sauerkraut and this was easy and very tasty. Now that I have a single portion recipe I will enjoy it more often! I served RECIPE #264944 on the side and this is a winning combination. Thanks for posting Woofie. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 09.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pork shoulder chop
- 1 cup crispy sauerkraut, in cello bag (Rinse if desired)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove excess fat from the pork steak.
- Preheat skillet.
- Add oil and spread evenly in skillet.
- Brown pork steak on both sides-- do not coat with flour.
- Add the sauerkraut to the pork steak and spread evenly over the top of it.
- Sprinkle the caraway seeds over sauerkraut.
- Pour the beer over the pork steak and 'kraut.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid, lower heat and simmer until pork steak is tender and done.(about 30 minutes).
- The juice in the skillet might be a little cloudy in color but it is still good.
- Put on a dinner plate and enjoy!