1/2 Photos of Pork Steak and Sauerkraut
This is for a single portion. It can be doubled or tripled. Be careful with the sauerkraut though. You might not want to triple it. Depends on how much sauerkraut you want. I like lots of sauerkraut with my pork steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove excess fat from the pork steak.
- 2Preheat skillet.
- 3Add oil and spread evenly in skillet.
- 4Brown pork steak on both sides-- do not coat with flour.
- 5Add the sauerkraut to the pork steak and spread evenly over the top of it.
- 6Sprinkle the caraway seeds over sauerkraut.
- 7Pour the beer over the pork steak and 'kraut.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Cover with a lid, lower heat and simmer until pork steak is tender and done.(about 30 minutes).
- 10The juice in the skillet might be a little cloudy in color but it is still good.
- 11Put on a dinner plate and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Steak and Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 945.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork shoulder chops