This is for a single portion. It can be doubled or tripled. Be careful with the sauerkraut though. You might not want to triple it. Depends on how much sauerkraut you want. I like lots of sauerkraut with my pork steak.
- Remove excess fat from the pork steak.
- Preheat skillet.
- Add oil and spread evenly in skillet.
- Brown pork steak on both sides-- do not coat with flour.
- Add the sauerkraut to the pork steak and spread evenly over the top of it.
- Sprinkle the caraway seeds over sauerkraut.
- Pour the beer over the pork steak and 'kraut.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid, lower heat and simmer until pork steak is tender and done.(about 30 minutes).
- The juice in the skillet might be a little cloudy in color but it is still good.
- Put on a dinner plate and enjoy!
I love pork with sauerkraut and this was easy and very tasty. Now that I have a single portion recipe I will enjoy it more often! I served RECIPE #264944 on the side and this is a winning combination. Thanks for posting Woofie. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 09.
My husband stated that this was an excellent meal. Liked the flavor of the meat with the saurerkraut. Made for ZWT4 for The Mamma Mia!
I made this as posted. A simple recipe, no work involved. My only problem was we didn't like the flavor at all. To us it just didn't work. Maybe if I would of incorporated the additions of the 1st review we would of liked it.