Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have your local meat market fix you up with two pork shoulder steaks for this easy meal.
Make and share this Pork Steak and Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pork shoulder
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drain and reserve juice
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups reserved pineapple juice (and water to equal this 2 cup liquid)
- salt and pepper
- Trim and divide each steak into two pieces.
- Brown in skillet.
- Add pineapple, rice, and liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
I made this recipe exactly as written. It was pretty good, but could use some improvement. Next time I make it I will add more seasoning when cooking the meat as well as after adding the pineapple juice. Soy sauce would be a really good addition, My boyfriend and I added soy sauce to ours once it was done cooking. Definitely will try this recipe again, with my alterations!
I did add garlic, soy sauce and ginger to this 'cause that's what the family likes. I really liked the one pot meal! I'd like to try adding some veggies. thanks.