Recipe by Barb G.
My husband LOVES this pork steak. It is fork tender, tasty & easy to make.
Top Review by Chef 920429
Barbara,this recipe is delicious!! It really is fork tender,and my husband says it's a keeper. I changed one thing~~~I must be the only person in the world that dosen't like dry onion soup mix,I used instead a can of french onion soup. I didn't use the water,and the gravy turned out perfect.Oh,I did chop the mushrooms. I want to thank you very much for sharing this recipe.Also thank you for the review on my Chicken Ala Booze.I posted a thank you on the Message Board and Thank You's.But I guess you never check in.Come join in the forum's it's a lot of fun.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pork steaks
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced or 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown steaks on each side.
- While browning, season steaks with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Transfer steaks to a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the same skillet.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce, dry soup mix, and mushroom soup; mix together until sauce forms.
- Pour sauce over steaks.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes.