Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Love the combination of flavors in this dish.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small acorn squash
- 1 large red cooking apple, unpeeled
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2-inch thick (1 1/2 pounds)
- Heat over to 350.
- In small bowl mix brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside. Slice squash into 1/2" rings. Cut rings in half; remove seeds. Cut apple into chunks.
- In shallow dish, stir together Bisquick mix, salt, pepper and cracker crumbs. In another shallow dish, mix egg and water. Dip pork into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- Spray a 12" nonstick skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium high heat. Cook pork in skillet 6-8 minutes turning once, until coating is brown.
- Place pork in ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Arrange squash and apples around pork. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes or until squash is tender and pork is no longer pink in the center.
We loved this dish! My husband wasn't sure of the apple(s) I used 2 but he loved it when it was done!