Recipe by Judy-Jude
This is my father's recipe and brings back such fond memories of my family. We always enjoyed this during the Holidays. We would have this in the mornings, spread on toast. Always served it with crackers for an appetizer. My father enjoyed it in a sandwich, with mustard and always had to have bread and butter pickles on the side.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan with enough water to make mushy.
- Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally for 2 hours until water is evaporated.
- Note: Sometimes it is necessary to add a little more water, while the pork is cooking and just continue simmering until water has evaporated.
- Put in bowl and keep refrigerated.
- Serve in a sandwich, on crackers, or on toast.