Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Very easy and tastes divine. Marinates overnight.
Top Review by Ian Snell
I prepared this dish with both pork and chicken for a BBQ with froends last night. I used Labanese style flat bread in place of plain bread as it can hold a skewer full nicely. Result was magic. Fed all the freeloaders until they burst. I will make it a regular at future barbies.
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain, discarding marinade.
- Thread pork on small skewers; grill or broil for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink and pulls away easily from the skewers.
- To serve, wrap a slice of bread around about five pork cubes and pull off skewer.