1/1 Photo of Pork Spareribs With Preserved Vegetables
Simple recipe that's great during cold/rainy days. Pork ribs are simmered in salty, tangy broth till tender and best served with steamed rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat and cut spareribs into individual pieces suitable for stir-frying. Blanch spareribs with 2.5 cups of hot water to rinse away fat and blood.
- 2Drain ribs, and season ribs with the soy sauce, cooking wine, chilli. Mix well.
- 3Drain preserved vegetables and chop into 1" pieces, crush garlic and halve if necessary, slice and dice chillies.
- 4Set aside the remaining 2.5 cups of hot water to be added into the wok during simmering.
- 5Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok or saucepan on medium flame/heat. Fry garlic in oil till fragrant, then add spareribs and seasoning into wok, reducing heat if necessary to prevent splatter.
- 6Continue stir frying for about a minute, spareribs should be about half-cooked, then add the preserved vegetables, and continue stir-frying, till fragrant, roughly another half a minute.
- 7Add the 2.5 cups of hot water to the wok, leave it to simmer for about 20 minutes on low-med heat, and you're done!
- 8You can add more soy sauce/sugar/water to taste at this point, adding more seasoning and water can turn this dish into more of a soupy nature as well, great during winter!
- 9Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Spareribs With Preserved Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.2
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 641.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese mustard pickle