Recipe by LeahMarie
I have made this recipe for years, and the ribs are always tender inside with a slightly sweet fruit glaze.
- 4 -5 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 medium onion
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) canwhole plums or 1 lb fresh plum
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spareribs in a pot large enough to cover all of them.
- Cover with water.
- Stick onion with cloves, add to pot along with garlic cloves and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer for 45-60 minutes (or until meat will no longer be pink).
- Meanwhile, prepare plum marinade.
- Open can of plums and or fresh, discard pits.
- Place plums and syrup in food processor or blender.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Process mixture until completely smooth.
- Drain spareribs.
- Place in a large, flat glass or plastic container.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight for best flavor.
- If you are in a hurry, marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Ribs are now ready for the grill.