Recipe by Wendy-Bob
Grilled (or BBQ if you like) pork skewers, basically. Serve in pita breads with tzatziki, lemon slices, tomatoes, parsley and salad. We're eating a lot of Greek food at the moment so I'm collecting recipes to try. We've not yet had this one but it looks good...
- 900 g pork loin
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the meat into small cubes, trimming off any excess fat.
- Thread them onto 12 bamboo or metal skewers (don't forget to soak them first if you're using bamboo), about 6-7 pieces per skewer.
- Pre-heat your grill / broiler to medium-high.
- Put the onion in a small bowl, cover with cold water and sprinkle with salt. Leave to soak for 20 minutes or so, then rinse, drain well and put in a serving bowl.
- Combine the oregano, lemon juice and oil and season well with salt and pepper to make a sort of marinade, and brush over the meat.
- Grill for approximately 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides (be careful not to overcook).
- Place on a serving platter, drizzling the remaining marinade over the top.
- Serve immediately with the onions.