Recipe by mariposa13
From The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. Per Serving: 570 calories, 60g protein, 6g net carbs, 31g fat, 175mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium onions, sliced into thin rings
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup golden sherry wine
- 2 lbs pork cutlets
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese (or gruyere or romano)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease inside of crockpot with butter (leave excess inside).
- In large skillet over med heat, warm olive oil; add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper to the pan and saute until onions are wilted and lightly browned, about 6 minute.
- Turn off heat and add the sherry to the skillet.
- Place the pork cutlets in crockpot; top with onion mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- To serve, garnish with shredded cheese.