Recipe by dicentra
Every Day with Rachael Ray. This recipe can also be done in the oven - just bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. The recipe does not tell you to discard the marinade, but you should after you thread the skewers.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce, ginger and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pork and scallions and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cups salted water to a boil. Add the rice, cover and cook over low heat for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thread the marinated pork and two-thirds of the pineapple chunks onto four 10-inch skewers and the marinated scallions onto one 10-inch skewer.
- Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the remaining pineapple chunks and stir into the cooked rice. Remove the grilled scallions from the skewer and stir into the rice.
- Serve the pork kebabs with the pineapple-scallion rice.