This is a tangy recipe for pork, and a nice change from the usual Buffalo Wings (although I LOVE those as well). This tasty finger food is safe for the little ones also as the alcohol will cook off. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup pilsner beer (divided)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you prefer spicier)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2Thread pieces of pork onto 16 wooden (soaked) or metal skewers, leaving space in between each piece.
- 3Over medium heat, in a med sauce pan heat the oil.
- 4Add onion and garlic, cooking until softened (approx. 4 min).
- 5Whisk in the remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a glaze, about 4-5 minutes.
- 6Remove glaze from heat and set aside.
- 7Cover a sheet pan with either parchment paper or foil that has been coated with cooking spray.
- 8Brush both sides of skewers, and place on sheet pan, place in oven for 5 minute.
- 9Use remaining pilsner to deglaze saucepan.
- 10Turn skewers over and brush with remaining glaze and return to oven a bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until pork is cooked throughout.
- 11Serve warm on a buffet or plate as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Skewers With Pilsner/Spices
Serving Size: 1 (1216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 188.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g