Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tangy recipe for pork, and a nice change from the usual Buffalo Wings (although I LOVE those as well). This tasty finger food is safe for the little ones also as the alcohol will cook off. :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup pilsner beer (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you prefer spicier)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Thread pieces of pork onto 16 wooden (soaked) or metal skewers, leaving space in between each piece.
- Over medium heat, in a med sauce pan heat the oil.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking until softened (approx. 4 min).
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a glaze, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove glaze from heat and set aside.
- Cover a sheet pan with either parchment paper or foil that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Brush both sides of skewers, and place on sheet pan, place in oven for 5 minute.
- Use remaining pilsner to deglaze saucepan.
- Turn skewers over and brush with remaining glaze and return to oven a bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until pork is cooked throughout.
- Serve warm on a buffet or plate as an appetizer.